The photo has nothing to do with Pineapple; it’s a simple shadow on a coffee shop umbrella taken in Franschoek, South Africa. And I like it.
More worrying though is the thin level of entrants to the Waiter event. Following numourous other event hosts mentioning the same low level of participants, one has to wonder if this signals the end of these type of food events. Still, several tasty sounding dishes were submitted. Time to stock up on pineapple to replicate these delicious recipes:
- To open proceedings Honey Roasted Pineapple with Coconut Yoghurt, my own entry, which is more filling and rich than it appears
- From Nami-Nami a chocolate topped Pineapple Cake that I am sure is as moist and as tasty as it looks
- A German Pineapple Kuchen from Mad Woman With A Shallot, another highly tempting dessert
- Kip Ananas (aka Sweet and Sour Chicken) an ‘excellent indeed’ savoury suggestion from Lekker Lekker Lekkerste
- From The Passionate Cook we have Spiced Pork Belly with Caramelised Pineapple a must try for all lovers of the mighty pork belly
- Suggested as an accompaniment to biryani a Pineapple Raita from My Recipe Flavours
- Pineapple and Banana Chutney is the brainchild of the Green Gourmet Giraffe (pictured below)
Many thanks to all those who entered; looking forward immensely to trying out some of these over the next few weeks.
© 2004-2013 Andrew Barrow All Rights Reserved