While It is not unusual for wine samples to come complete with food accompniment suggestions, to have a mix of wines arrive with a different recipe for each was unusual. Time to try one of them out.
The recipe for Thai-Spiced Chicken Salad suggested the use of Thai Green Chili paste, I used red having a jar to hand from the Braised Chicken in White Gravy (Opr Ayam) and endives mixed with the cabbage as the salads base. Serve with crusty bread and a bottle of Gewurztraminer.
Thai-Spiced Chicken Salad
A wonderful oriental-spiced chicken salad.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Thai Chili Paste (I used red)
- 4 heaped spoonfuls of mayonnaise
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Cooked chicken strips/chunks
- 2 sticks chopped celery
- 1 diced, peeled green apple
- Quarter savoy cabbage sliced
- 2 tomatoes cut into wedges
- Stir together the first four ingredients. Fold in the celery and apple. Season. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours to allow the flavours to blend. Place the cabbage on a plate top with the celery/apple mix and place chicken on top. Garnish with the tomato.
Copyright Andrew Barrow from SpittoonExtra
© 2004-2013 Andrew Barrow All Rights Reserved