The recipe states to wrap each scallop in pancetta; half a rasher per scallop. Bugger to that for these sustainable scallops are tiny. I decide to line up five or six across the pancetta and roll them up that way. Little bacon rolls stuffed with scallops result and coated after cooking with Maple Syrup to make Sticky Pancetta Scallops. Serve with a rocket and spinach salad (topped with capers and slivers of fresh fennel ) and a light meal results. Pour out a decent white wine and you have an ‘event’!
The dressing for the salad is a mix of lemon juice flicked together with double the quantity of olive oil, a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, one of Maple Syrup and one of capers.
Recipe: Sticky Pancetta Scallops
- 18 small Coral-less Scallops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Clark's Maple Syrup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 rashers pancetta
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Clark's Maple Syrup for deglaze
- 1 tsp capers
- Thin slices of fennel
- Handful of mixed rocket and spinach salad
- Across the short side of a pancetta rasher line up 5 or 6 scallops, roll up to make a sausage.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup and capers to make a dressing.
- Fry the scallop sausages in olive oil until the bacon is crisp. Deglaze the pan with Maple Syrup.