June 18, 2007
Lemon and Cherry Posset – the recipe
« Interviewed by The Passionate Cook :Previous Entry / Next Entry: Strawberry Mascarpone Tart »
As requested the recipe for the Lemon and Cherry Posset from a few days ago. An alternative foodporn picture too…
A Cherry Posset - no we have no idea what it is either - but it tastes fantastic
- 500g cherries halved and stones removed
- 170g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Amaretto
- 500ml double cream
- juice of 2-3 lemons
- grated zest of 2 lemons
- dark chocolate
- Save a few cherries for decoration, Halve and stone remainder. Heat with 25g of the sugar until sugar is dissolved and the juices run. Add the Amaretto and cook until liquid is reduced and syrupy. Allow to cool.
- Add cream to remaining sugar and slowly bring to the boil. Stir constantly to dissolve. Boil for 3 minutes continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat and add the juice and zest. Allow to cool for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove both from fridge 15 minutes before serving. Divide the cherry mixture between glasses and top with the lemon posset mixture. Grate over a little chocolate and garnish with the retained cherries. Serve with dessert biscuits
- Makes 6.
Copyright Andrew Barrow from SpittoonExtra