This Chocolate and Walnut Cookie Recipe is a bit odd. Taken from the Celebrity Bake Book it was submitted by Tom Kerridge of the famous Hand and Flowers, Marlow, Buckinghamshire. But who am I to argue with such a succesful chef!
I say odd as the resultant cookie mix is incredibly crumbly. I kept thinking there should be another ingredient to bind everything together. Even after resting overnight in the fridge any attempts to cut the set ‘sausage’ resulted in a crumbled hideous mess. But I just scoped up handfuls of the mix, squished them into lumps and dumped them on a baking tray. The cookies are fine; you just need to leave them on the baking tray awhile after cooking so they firm up. Attempts at removing them beforehand will result in a return of the crumbly mess!
The Celebrity Bake Book offers 150 recipes from various politicians, actors, personalities and chefs. All proceeds from the sale of the book go to the Ben Kinsella Trust.
- 230g butter
- 365g dark brown sugar
- ½ tbsp salt
- 340g plain flour
- 185g walnuts
- 360g dark chocolate
- Chop walnuts and chocolate.
- Beat butter, salt and sugar together.
- Add flour then the chopped nuts and chocolate.
- Divide the mix into three and roll in cling fi lm to make a sausage shape and set in fridge for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Once set slice ¼ in thick and bake in the oven at 170°C/340°F/Gas 4 for 8–9 minutes.