A little parcel arrived the other day; a mixture of ‘Italian’ food bits – two tins of Cirio Cherry tomatoes, SuperCirio Tomato Puree, a tub of Cooks & Co Dried Shii-take Mushrooms, Cooks & Co Green Olives stuffed with Feta Cheese and a batch of recipes. I’m guessing the PR rep handles both Cooks & Co and Cirio…
Thought I’d give the Chicken Wrapped In Parma Ham recipe a tryout. It’s served with a Pizzaiola Sauce that should really contain black olives but seeing as they sent over those stuffed green ones… And a wine? Hows-about a little Lurton Mas Janeil le Traou de l’Ouille 2009 from the Roussillon region of France…
Chicken Wrapped In Parma Ham With Pizzaiola Sauce
Simplicity to make but the Pizzaiola Sauce packs in the flavour
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 12 small sage leaves
- 8 slices Parma Ham
- olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 400g can Cirio Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp SuperCirio Tomato Puree
- 8 black olives pitted and sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- sage leaves for decoration.
- All you have to do is stuff a couple of sage leaves inside the chicken breast and wrap in the ham. Easier written than accomplished to be honest; especially if you need them to look decent. More than 8 slices of the ham went around the chicken to be honest.
- These are then fried gently until cooked through.
- The sauce has, as its base, the onion and garlic fried until soft but not brown. Add the tinned toms and puree (I also added a glug of white wine) plus some seasoning and reduce a little. When ready to serve stir in the olives and capers. Pour over the cooked chicken and serve with some plain rice. Decorate with sage leaves (which you could also fry until crisp).
Copyright Andrew Barrow from SpittoonExtra
© 2004-2013 Andrew Barrow All Rights Reserved