A trans-med combination – a delicious and unusal white wine from Portugal coupled with the French inspired cream leeks and an Italian touch with the Pancetta. A delicious pairing.
Recommended with a bottle of Quinta de Covela Escolha, 2005, Minho, Portugal.
Breast of Chicken with Pancetta and Creamed Leeks
Oven baked chicken breasts served on a bed on creamy leeks.
- 4 chicken breasts (1 per person)
- knobs of butter
- 12 pancetta slices
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 4 leeks washed and diced
- fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tbsp whitewine
- 142ml double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Oven to 220C/fan200/G7.
- Leeks: saute the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the leeks and add the thyme, followed by the wine and te cream. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Chicken: fry the chicken in butter for 3-4 minutes each side. Transfer to a baking tray and top each one with slices of pancetta. Bake in the oven until cooked, around 15-20 minutes.
- Season the leeks and stir in the parsley. Divide between plates and top with the chicken.
Copyright Andrew Barrow from SpittoonExtra