A discussion over which wine – a red – to accompany these tasty little parcels is over on Spittoon. Grabbing what was to hand the recipe is a simplified version of one detailed in the September 2008 issue of Delicious. The key is using the best and freshest ingredients – which means top quality mozzarella, fresh herbs and a decent Onion Marmalade, just ignore the fact I used ready-made pastry rather than producing my own! The latter, on this occassion, being the English Provender Co’s Spicy Onion Marmalade.
Beef, Onion, Rosemary and Pine Nut Parcels
- 300g beef mince
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pack ready rolled puff pastry
- teaspoon Onion Marmalade on each parcel
- slices of mozzerella
- toasted pine nuts
- rosemary sprigs
- Oven to 200C/Fan180/Gas4.
- Mix together the beef, onion, garlic, oregano. Divide the pastry into 4 equal squares and place on a baking sheet. Spread each with a teaspoon of onion marmalade and top with the mince mixture. Fold in the corners to make little parcels. Bake for 15 minutes then top with cheese, pinenuts and rosemary. Continue baking for 10 minutes. Best served warm with a side salad; but rather good as a lunchtime snack cold.
Copyright Andrew Barrow from SpittoonExtra
© 2004-2013 Andrew Barrow All Rights Reserved